The Acer CB273U KVM monitor is causing my keyboard and mouse to stutter, lag and freeze

Options
Lailune
Lailune Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 14 in Monitors

Hello!

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB

Mouse: Razer Basilisk

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X470-PRO

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB

The issue I am having is that every few minutes, or sometimes several times within a minute, my mouse and keyboard will freeze for about 1 second. If I am typing and the keyboard freezes, it will keep typing the last key typed. And it will look like thissssssssssssssssssssssss

I have zero issues with the framerate of the monitor. It is connected via HDMI.

I double checked my motherboard manual, and the KVM monitor is indeed connected to a USB 3.0 port. I've tried every single port configuration.

I have updated my AMD Chipset drivers via my motherboard's website. I've updated my keyboard drivers, I've updated my GPU drivers. I have tried to connect my keyboard and mouse to the back two USB-A ports on the Acer monitor, as well as the two USB-A ports on the left side of the monitor. No configuration has solved the sporadic lagging and freezing.

One thing I noticed is that upon startup, the lag doesn't occur until about 5-10 minutes into starting.

I'm at a loss for what to do. I don't know if this is some kind of incompatibility with my peripherals and the Acer CB273U monitor. I don't know if returning it and trying a different brand will solve the issue.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

The monitor can do nothing to affect the mouse or keyboard. That is all determined on the computer side of things.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.