How to remove the Stain left side of the touchpad Swift 5 SF514-55T

Options
nestubberud
nestubberud Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 13 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi, guys.

I just baught this Swift 5 SF514-55T second hand. As you can see on the picture, there is a stain, probably caused by a swetty hand, on the left side of the touchpad.

Is there some magical way to remove a stain like this?

Thx.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,876 Trailblazer
    Options

That is right above the 1TB (or larger) NVMe Gen4 SSD without cooling other than a thermal wrap and will get really hot. The chassis is made of CNC-machined aluminum that cannot be cleaned, the discoloring you point out is not a "sweaty handprint" but IMO temper coloring due to heat exposure. The previous owner may have frequently overheated the laptop.

• nestubberud
    nestubberud Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Yea, I thought so too. But you never know. The previous owner told me the stain happened on Bali, I think its a cobination of really hot weather, swetty eviroment and SSD heat. The guy is left handed (saw it when he signed the reciept) and for sure his hand is part of of the problem. The SSD works like a charm with no abnormal heat.

You dont think this could be a warranty issue?

Anyway, its all OK, got it very cheap. I will buy a new top from China for $50 and thats it.

Thx

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Try isopropyl alcohol and a clean rag to see if it make any difference. If the discoloration is from skin oils that should help, if it's from overheating it shouldn't.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.