Acer CB715 has chronic "aw snap" error issue

Options
LisaMsd
LisaMsd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 13 in Chromebooks

I work in a school and have 42 Acer CB715s that have chronic "aw snap" error issues. I have been dealing with this for the past 2 1/2 years. The issue starts out slowly, an occasional aw snap here and there and then builds up to happening daily and finally manifesting into an OS error or frequent random shut downs. These devices still have updates until 2028, and have at this point been in circulation for 31/2 years so I would hate to give up on them. I have tried every solution I can find online multiple times to each device hoping for a different outcome. I do not feel comfortable issuing these to staff with the unreliability and daily disruptions. Does anyone have a possible solution?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 246
    Options

If you're getting the "Aw, Snap" error or another error code instead of a webpage, Google Chrome is having problems loading. You might also see the page loading slowly or not opening at all.
    Tap More. Settings.
    Tap Privacy and security. Clear browsing data.
    Next to "Time range," choose All time.
    Select Cookies and site data and Cached images and files. Deselect the other types of data.
    Tap Clear data.
    Try reloading the tab with the error.

• LisaMsd
    LisaMsd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried this multiple times ( different users, different devices) I have also powerwashed devices, and reset users accounts to default settings, different users logged in same results.