Who can I file a complaint with regarding unresolved laptop issue. screen black and broken fan

Options
HR2024
HR2024 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 15 in Predator Laptops

I purchased two Acer predators for family members and within 9 months both screens are black and unresponsive and one of them also has a broken fan despite only playing it on a cold marble countertop for optimal ventilation. I contacted customer support bit instead of letting me utilize my warranties they suggested I try a myriad of troubleshooting techniques. I'm not tech savvy so it took me some time to try all those things and then try to get back to a live person instead of being told I've contacted the wrong department. When I finally get ahold of someone I'm told my warranty expired two weeks earlier so I wouldn't be receiving any help, despite explaining that I reported this with 3 months left on the warranty and not offered a real fix, but instead given a ton of homework that made no sense to me. Both computers still don't work and I'm still out $2500 plus on two laptops and have been refused help with every department I've contacted. Who else should I be contacting?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

> >My question is who can I speak to to address this?> >

You can send a PM to one of the moderators for further guidance. Click on envelope symbol near top right. In the "TO" or recipient box, start typing Acer-, a popup should appear with available names like Acer-Ingrid.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

> >Who else should I be contacting?> >

Black screens as you described are most often due to broken video cables near the hinge area from wear and tear of opening & closing the lids too much. A $20 part. If they were mine and needed out-of-warranty service, I'd contact a local laptop repair shop for an estimate.

Jack E/NJ

• HR2024
    HR2024 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

They're very well cared for laptops. They have older laptops than these that are still in great shape. These Acer Predator laptops were only 9 months old when they broke down at nearly the same time, with one having the fan break off. My question is who can I speak to to address this? Their customer service refused to help and instead tried to buy more time until the warranty expired by redirecting me to multiple troubleshooting efforts that did nothing to help.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

> >My question is who can I speak to to address this?> >

You can send a PM to one of the moderators for further guidance. Click on envelope symbol near top right. In the "TO" or recipient box, start typing Acer-, a popup should appear with available names like Acer-Ingrid.

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.