travelmate p214-53 and I keep getting a warning sign of no bootable device

Options
ADrunkenSailer
ADrunkenSailer Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 12 in TravelMate and Extensa

I am on a travelmate p214-53 and I keep getting a warning sign of no bootable device every time I turn my laptop on, is there any way to fix this

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• ADrunkenSailer
    ADrunkenSailer Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This is the screen when I turn it on

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

That error typically means there is a problem with the drive. Do you know which drive is installed? It is likely either a 128GB, 256GB, 512GB or 1TB SSD or a 500GB or 1TB HDD. You should be able to see the model number of the drive in the BIOS in the Information tab:

You will want to use a Windows install flash drive to do some diagnostics. You can use that to boot into Repair mode, then open the Command Prompt in order to look at the drive. Use the diskpart command and run these:

• list disk
    • list vol
    • sel disk #
    • list part

Where # is the drive number of the system drive as shown in the 'list disk' command. If you system disk doesn't show in the BIOS, it's dead. If it doesn't show in the 'list disk' command, it's dead. If it shows in 'list disk' but doesn't have any partitions in the 'list part' command, it's likely dead, but could have just been erased. If there are several (usually three or four) partitions on it then we will get into looking at the EFI partition, it should be 100MB in size, so very small.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.