Acer X2670G Desktop Unable to Save photos from websites

Options
Grumpy76_oldman
Grumpy76_oldman Member Posts: 4 New User

I have an Acer X2670G Desktop i5-10400 8GB 256GB SSD W10Pro 3yr wty bought in March 2022. It was upgraded to Windows 11 within a week. Until recently everything was fine but now once the computer has ben powered up for longer than two hours I am unable to save any images into my pictures unless I do a restart of my computer first.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,886 Trailblazer
    Options

Use Windows Edge and select Save As if you make a screenshot, click on the image and right click (context menu) on the picture to download it or Save As. Some images are protected and cannot be copied or downloaded, but screenshots always work. You may have a system file problem, go online and paste these 2 commands in the Command Prompt: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and Enter than run this command: SFC /scannow and Enter, repeat SFC till you see "…did not find any integrity violations".

• Grumpy76_oldman
    Options

Thank you but I regret to say that your suggestions didn't show any file faults found. I tried to save a photo and got the above image. After a "restart" I did get the image I wanted to save.

• Puraw
    Options

The *.Webp image file is a Google format, just rename the extension to *.jpg (right click, context menu Rename) or Save as *.jpg when downloading and you can open it with any viewer. To open a Webp file you need to install a special plugin. Windows does not recognize this file format and therefore may not show it or accept it in your Picture folder. 😉

• Grumpy76_oldman
    Options

Ah yes when I try to open the image to change it to .jpg from Webp all I get is a spinning circle which never stops. I then have to close the window from the taskbar and do a computer restart. Then when I go back into pictures that thumbnail shows the picture to be changed. I open it and resize it and it automatically changes to .jpg

• Grumpy76_oldman
    Options

Hi Puraw, Thanks for your help and ideas for an old man to try. I tried taking a screenshot of the joke pictures and it worked !!!

• Puraw
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are welcome, to change a file format (suffix) don't single click on the filename but double click (don't open the file) so you get the context mouse menu, at the bottom of that context menu there is "Show more options" click on that and you will see "Rename" and change the suffix Webp to jpg. No need to reboot.