Acer Swift Go 14 battery with Intel evo not upto the mark

Options
mrbee
mrbee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 15 in Swift and Spin Series

hi,

i just bought swift go 14 with intel evo ultra 7 155h from the brochure it says the battery can last up to 12.5hrs but the actual is only 3hrs plus.

Is the advertisement deceiving or what would be the wrong settings ?

I have done many ways like setting with the best power efficiency, delete the battery from device manager and reinstall again, apply energy recommendation, etc.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    edited April 12
    Options

3 hours battery life is normal, if you turn off the 80% battery limiting option in ACC and change the Power Plan to Best Power Efficiency with the Battery Saver on you may get 5 hours. What you read on flyers and in laptop reviews is the maximum battery performance with the lowest CPU, no turbo boost, iGPU and screen brightness set at 50% or less with 60Hz refresh rate. No programs running at the background, no syncing with Cloud and just have the browser on the home page. If you do all these things you will get 7 hours but I doubt you will ever reach12.5 hrs. lifespan (sales pitch). Everybody is aware of this and you should not try to get that kind of performance, just enjoy your new Swift Go 14 and keep the power adapter plugged in 24/7. Keep the battery fully charged and it will last 1000 charge cycles or +4 years.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

There are so many different things you can have running on your computer that will affect battery life. Typically getting the rated length involves using the screen at a low brightness, staying off WiFi or Bluetooth, running the CPU in low power mode, etc.. 3 hours though is low for any of these newer designs. Try running the display at 50% and keep network activity as low as works for you, since they are usually the two biggest hogs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.