Hard Disks for Acer Altos G540M2 Where can I buy them and how do I go about the process?

Options
Letus
Letus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 11 in Servers & Storage

I have the old Acer Altos G540M2 servers and they work very well. My problem is I need to purchase new hard disks to replace the old ones that have operated since 2009. Where can I buy them and how do I go about the process?

I am in Lilongwe, Malawi, a country in Southern Africa.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options

@Letus

The HDD you can find is a typical SATA 3.5-inch HDD that most desktops use.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Letus
    Letus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

@AnhEZ28

Thanks for your reply. I checked this but the interface is different, hence my enquiry, How do I handle the interface problem?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

The Altos G540 M2 is an old enough model that Acer has removed all support entries from their website. From what I remember the drives should be normal SATA drives, so the interface should be the same. They are 2.5" instead of 3.5" though. I don't believe they are SAS drives… If I were upgrading drives on one now, I'd go with SSDs instead of HDDs. The pricing is likely as good or better and they will be much faster.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    edited April 19
    Options

@Letus

This one uses the 2.5-inch SAS drive to be correct. It usually has its bay.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Take one of the old drives out and look at the model numbers on them. You should be able to use that to determine if they are SAS or SATA. Specs I find online all state SATA…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.