predator Helios neo 16 BATTERY DRAINING is so fast

Options
Insang
Insang Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 11 in Predator Laptops

Hello i just bought my predator Helios neo 16 but the battery draining is so fast i have to use in eco mode or battery saving mode is there any way to fix it guys. and one more problem i faced when i watch some videoe there is a problem with the lag sometimes its get sketchy sound like lag for like 0.5 sec i just uninstalled the sound DTX from predatorsense

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Options

I see that you are not fully (100%) charging your battery and not using your power adapter 24/7: Uninstall Acer Care Center/Acersense you can always download a newer version later. Do not try to limit your battery charging to 80% regardless of what you may read on the web about battery longevity tricks, that is a complete hoax, all Li-Ion batteries will last 1000 full charge cycles, period, no matter what you do unless you manage to completely deplete a battery (zero charge) due to HW malfunction/crashes that will damage the battery cells. Renew a battery after 4 years or whenever it reaches <40% of the design capacity. Use the Windows11 power default plans and recommended settings/apps, restore the Power Plan to factory defaults and you should get easily 4 hours of battery life the first year with idle/offline programs and screen brightness reduced to 50%, refresh rate 60Hz, no background programs running, etc. The "12 hours" battery life touted in flyers is just sales hype. Never play games online on battery only, the performance will be very low (throttled) and the battery will be depleted in 30 minutes, 😉