About x4630g cpu upgrade What can I do? Or even it is not compatible?

Options
gino2742
gino2742 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have i5-4430 from the factory, i've tried to update my bios to P21.A2. I have no screen output if I install i7-4790. What can I do? Or even it is not compatible?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited April 11
    Options

You need to update the bios first to version P12.A2 as this bios update allows the i7 cpu's to work and be compatible. The oem i54430 is only 88% compatible with the i7-4790 cpu as far as the CPU-UPGRADE site is concerned who has a list of tested and compatible upgrades of cpu's, so that could be a factor of why the i7-4790 cpu is not compatible.

Try the Core i7-4771 cpu as this cpu is 99% upgradable and tested to be compatible from the oem i5-4430 cpu to the i7-4771 cpu which is better and more powerful cpu also. The Veriton X4630G desktop should work 100% with the i7 upgrade and imo you should upgrade the bios before the i7-xxxx will work. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• gino2742
    Options

Thanks for your reply!

I’ve tried to update my bios to P12.A2, however, it didn’t work. The administrator cmd page would just crash since I started the update in win10 system. It would show the error “ROM size does not match the existing BIOS size. Can't flash BIOS” even I tried in win7 system. I can’t tell if there is an mistake during the update or my x4360g can’t compatible with P12.A2.

• gino2742
    Options

Thanks for your reply!

I’ve tried to update my bios to P12.A2, however, it didn’t work. The administrator cmd page would just crash since I started the update in win10 system. It would show the error “ROM size does not match the existing BIOS size. Can't flash BIOS” even I tried in win7 system. I can’t tell if there is an mistake during the update or my x4360g can’t compatible with P12.A2.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options

Are you following the bios flash guide titled "System BIOS Update SOP for Windows v2.01" that is provided within the bios version P12.A2. You must be doing something wrong as the bios flash guide should work 100% and get updated to this new version, get a technician to flash this bios for you, your bios chip could be faulty and that is why it can't be updated and you need to get either Acer Tech Support or a technician in your area that has a proper bios reprograming tools to flash this new bios for you, as that is why the new i7 cpu is not working with your mainboard.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

The P1x BIOS versions are for the Windows 7 motherboards, the P2x BIOS versions are for the Windows 8 motherboard. They can't be swapped since the CMOS chips are different between the two motherboard types. Which BIOS version do you have now?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.