New error message in Acer laptop : What does it mean?

Options
Brightness1982
Brightness1982 Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited April 10 in Swift and Spin Series

Evening everyone,

My Acer laptop running Windows 10 Pro froze so I had to do a hard reboot using the power button: I held down the off button on the keyboard for 10 seconds to turn it off then I pressed the same button to restart it.

When my Acer laptop had finished booting up this error message appeared on my screen and it deeply worries me because I've never seen it before and I don't know what it means!

Did I damage my Acer's SSD by doing the "hard reboot"? 😭

I've attached the image to this post.

Thanks

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,880 Trailblazer
    edited April 9
    Options

StorPSCTL.exe is an executable file that is part of the software package developed by Acer. Just ignore it, you can uninstall Acer Care Center and Acer Quick Access if this message keeps popping up.

Pressing the Power Button to abort a running/hung progam corrupts system files that are normally refreshed when rebooting by Windows security but sometimes not, best not to abort with the Power Button but use Ctrl+Alt+Del and click on the power button at the bottom right of the screen or try the Esc button. For now, paste these 2 commands online in the Command Prompt opened as administrator : Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and after completion SFC /scannow repeat SFC till you see "…..did not find any integrity violations".