Bought an Acer Vero laptop recently, and the bezel has broken already and there is a split by KB

Options
RioLay
RioLay Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 9 in Aspire Laptops

Bought an Acer Vero laptop recently, and the bezel has broken already and there is a split by the keyboard now.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    Options

@RioLay

If there is any physical damage it will not be covered by Acer warranty.

Better to take it to any local tech for a fix

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • RioLay
    RioLay Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 9
    Options

It's indeed physical damage, but repairing it now seems futile. The stiff hinges on this model have caused a crack near the keyboard, and fixing it would likely result in a recurrence of the issues again. I'm simply hoping it holds out long enough for me to replace it with a laptop from a different brand. Consider this more of a warning against purchasing this particular laptop.

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    Options

If you think the stiff hinges are the reason than you might call Acer support and inform.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Username900
    Username900 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had this exact same issue. I came on to see if others experienced the same thing. I brought it in to be fixed in September of last year and it is now happening again. It's very disappointing. I was excited to purchase an eco friendly laptop for work under a green initiative grant but I completely regret purchasing.