Acer CB314-1H-C7W8. I scratched my screen and need to replace it.

Options
MissOJ
MissOJ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 9 in Chromebooks

I have a Acer CB314-1H-C7W8.. I scratched my screen and need to replace it. I have seen there are touch screens available for the CB314. Can a touch screen be added to a non touch screen Chromebook? Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

So your SKU uses the WXGA (1366x768) screen. They also did SKUs with a FHD (1920x1080) screen and otherwise they seem to be the same. They also made SKUs with a touch screen, but that requires different cabling.

The first two match your current configuration, the last two are for the FHD version. The reason there are two of each was because Acer was sourcing the screens from multiple manufacturers. You should be able to use any of the four. Maker sure you search on the secondary market for a used one, the design is just old enough that there likely will be people parting them out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

So your SKU uses the WXGA (1366x768) screen. They also did SKUs with a FHD (1920x1080) screen and otherwise they seem to be the same. They also made SKUs with a touch screen, but that requires different cabling.

The first two match your current configuration, the last two are for the FHD version. The reason there are two of each was because Acer was sourcing the screens from multiple manufacturers. You should be able to use any of the four. Maker sure you search on the secondary market for a used one, the design is just old enough that there likely will be people parting them out.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MissOJ
    MissOJ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you so much.. :)