Acer Predator Orion 9000-600 Window 11 upgrade, After initial install they all have blue screen

Options
Donkerg
Donkerg Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 18 in Predator Desktops

Hi.

I,m trying to upgrade my Acer Predator Orion 9000-600 which I bought new in 2019 to windows 11. I,ve tried multiple versions of windows 11, however after initial install they all cause a bleu screen. I also tried removing all hard disks and putting a new hard disk (NVME) in the pc and the install windows 11. However I keep getting blue screens describing nultiple devices which cause blue screens however there aren`t any strandge devices and or usb devices in the pc anymore other than how it was delivered in 2019.

Anybody else have experience and or troubles with upgrading to windows 11 ?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, Acer hasn't released a driver package for the PO9-600 models and Windows 11, which usually means there's something in the hardware that doesn't have updated drivers available. Try taking picture of the BSODs. Also, which BIOS are you running? IIRC the R01-A4 version had some low level fixes for a newer W10 upgrade, so it might also be required for W11.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Donkerg

Tinkerer

Options

I,m running the R01-A4 version (latest). There are many sorts of blue screens.  irq,s less or equal, pfm reference counts, irql gt zero at system, pfn list corrupt, etc. However none of them let me install windows 11 on the system. It does seem to be on the supported Windows 11 update list.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

The CPU and chipset support W11, but there are likely components on the motherboard that don't. Otherwise Acer would have released a W11 driver package for it. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Donkerg

Tinkerer

Options

I,ll leave the pc with windows 10. Maybe next year a new one. Thanks for the help.