Why does my acer nitro AN515-58 laptop keep crashing

Options
jaymile
jaymile Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 7 in Nitro Gaming

it crashes for no reason I'd be watching Netflix or playing some game that'll be running fine but it would randomly just crash and give me that blue screen what should I do model:nitro AN515-58

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,529 Trailblazer
    Options

Find out the reason of the crashing in Reliability History-Problem Reports and Event Viewer Critical Errors. If there is any mention of VGA, display or NVidia you have a GPU driver issue. Boot in Safe Mode (Restart Windows while keeping the Shift key depressed) and view offline some videos if that causes no crashes uninstall the Nvidia VGA driver in Safe Mode with DDU: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html and just reboot, Windows11 will reinstall the latest NVidia driver. When this did not stop the crashing go online and open the Command Prompt as administrator, paste these 2 commands: Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press the Enter Key, when completed paste this: SFC /scannow and press the Enter key, this should end with "…did not find any integrity violations" repeat SFC till you see that.

• halcyon0917
    halcyon0917 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

is it brand new?, if you just bought it, i fixed this problem by, resetting it, like reformatting it. and it never crashed again.