PH315-55 Heavy stuttering when using Optimus on Nvidia display mode that can cause a seizure

Options
GamerD4rker
GamerD4rker Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 2 in Predator Laptops

Hi!

I was trying to switch my Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-55 to Nvidia display mode when my computer kept on stuttering heavily at 165hz.

The game accuses that I was running between 280 to 300+ FPS so I assume it's an output problem on the display frequency.

I tried everything. But this issue is persistent and has been going on for months. The only way to fix it is to switch to Hybrid mode. I am currently using a Windows 10 23H2 installation with the Nvidia driver version 551.86.

But this issue only happens on the Windows version of the driver because back on my Arch installation I can run x11 on Nvidia display mode without any issues.

Can someone help me?

Edit 1: This issue is not just in-game.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Update: This issue is simply fixed by rolling back my driver to an older version like version 511.23 using NvCleanstall

Answers

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Update: This issue is simply fixed by rolling back my driver to an older version like version 511.23 using NvCleanstall

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 466 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited April 2
    Options

@GamerD4rker can u explain more about the stuttering im facing the same and unable to fix it . is ur gpu idle when the stuttering occurs ?

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

edited April 2
    Options

Whenever I use nvidia display mode it stutters until I switch back to hybrid mode

Like if you were playing at high fps but then it freezes and it does that alot

Basically I'm having constant freezing that feels like stuttering

• Muhil
    Options

yeah does it happen even when browsing , typing and scrolling ?

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

Options

Yes it does

• Muhil
    edited April 2
    Options

then with that old drivers was the only fix ? what intel driver version are u using ?

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

edited April 2
    Options

Currently I am using version 511.23 but if I decide to update it will start doing it again

And yes this was the only fix I found

I tried removing MSI [Message Signaled Interrupts] but that didn't work and I then remembered that there was one time where I updated the driver and it started doing this so I decided to revert to the oldest driver and it worked

At this point I should have made a post in Nvidia forums since this is an Advanced Optimus problem and not a Predator software problem

• Muhil
    Options

@GamerD4rker now what intel driver version are u on ?

• Muhil
    Options

eventhough its advanced optimus this dumb acer company people wont update drivers for this model to fix the issue having the issue since last year

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

Options

My intel driver is on version 31.0.101.5333

• Muhil
    edited April 2
    Options

are u running clean windows 11 or acer factoryy instaled windows 11 ? and is ur gpu idling when not gaming and while using the laptop normally ?

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

Options

I'm running Tiny 10 23H2

• Muhil
    edited April 2
    Options

no windows 11 ? why ? did u unistall factory installed win11 ?

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

edited April 2
    Options

My main OS rn is Arch Linux I just use Tiny 10 for anti cheat games on dual boot

Oh and my laptop shipped with FreeBSD

• Muhil
    Options

oh ok so is ur gpu idling properly after gaming and then coming back to use the laptop normaly ?

• GamerD4rker

Tinkerer

Options

I think it is

The problem was the constant freezing/stuttering issues when using nvidia display mode

• Muhil
    edited April 2
    Options

what do u mean nvidia display mode u mean nvidai gpu only mode ?> and pls send screenshot of predatorsense too if ur gpu is idling

• Muhil
    Options

@GamerD4rker in this version 511.23 laptop does not use the advanced optimus to switch to the dgpu only thats why its not lagging. otherwise it would lag for sure if we it nvidia gpu only mode. only acer can fix this with the driver updates and stufff

but they just dont care about customers

• Muhil
    Options

@GamerD4rker in this version 511.23 laptop does not use the advanced optimus to switch to the dgpu only thats why its not lagging. otherwise it would lag for sure if we it nvidia gpu only mode. only acer can fix this with the driver updates and stufff

but they just dont care about customers