Warranty registration issue for Acer chromebook

Options
amz4251
amz4251 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 31 in Chromebooks

Hello. I bought a Acer chromebook a week ago (March 23, 2024). Got it new in a Staples Canada store. Yesterday, I decided to purchase Acer's extended warranty - 3 years with accidental coverage.

I got my warranty documentation yesterday by email. It says that coverage started retroactively in June 2023 and my purchased coverage ends June 2026.

Gross incompetence and illegal to give something different than purchased. Of course, there is no email contact information on Acer's website to contact to obtain assistance for this. And naturally, it's not possible to reply to the email I received.

Is my only option in face of this incompetence to do a charge back and return the chromebook to Staples (it is still within the return window)?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Did you purchase the extended warranty directly from Acer, or from Staples? I believe they both offer such, though they are different. If someone registered the Chromebook while it was still on the floor at Staples, the warranty would be set beginning at when it was registered. You typically have to contact Acer support to get that type of error corrected. This forum is for Acer users, and Acer support doesn't have a presence here…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,093 Pathfinder
    Options

@amz4251

I understand you would like to register for warranty.     If you are not able to register using a particular browser , try to use an alternative browser and check.. 

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept.    They will help you to register the warranty.

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   You can get more details about the warranty. 

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/142-register-your-acer-product

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Cuaspablo
    Cuaspablo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have given up getting anywhere with the standard warranty. The promise of an emil on instructions on how to send to be repaired that never arrives etc. Terrible.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,093 Pathfinder
    Options

@Cuaspablo

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★