Can I change my i710700k to i9-11900k on my z49H5-AM motherboard?

Options
MoSPARKY
MoSPARKY Member Posts: 8 New User

Have changed my cpu from i7-10 to i9-11 and my monitor won't boot. Have a predator PO5-615S. Have latest bios as I installed 4070ti super about a month ago and needed to update for new gpu. Have enough power, have checked everything numerous times. Please help.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

You can't jump generations. You have to stay in the 10th gen on the 10th gen motherboard, and switch to an 11th gen motherboard to run an 11th gen chip.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MoSPARKY
    Options

Thank you for reply, the motherboard is z49H5-AM which I understand to be acer version of the z490 when I did my research the general consensus was with latest bios update a z490 will support a 11th gen. There are some intel driver updates for the z49H5-AM would that be worth trying or am I flogging a dead horse on this?

• MoSPARKY
    Options

PO5-625s has an i9-11900k and is using a z490 motherboard

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

The PO5-615 and PO5-625 models are different. The first is 10th gen, the second 11th gen. They have different motherboards.

For the PO5-615s:

And the PO5-625s:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MoSPARKY
    Options

Thanks again, but the motherboard you have for PO5-615 is not the motherboard I have. It's completely different. That's z39h mine is z49h. I have another PC with z490 and have a 11th gen, 400 chipset working fine. I understand that the z49h might not be compatible, just want to cover all bases. My first post was bios update with the 4070ti super not faulty card.