Is there a way for Acer X27 bmiphzx 27" 4K monitor to power a laptop with USB Type C?

Options
Visu2k
Visu2k Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 31 in Predator Monitors

I see only DisplayPort and HDMI inputs on X27

My simple office monitor needs only a Type C to Type C cable to connect to my laptop and can power the laptop as well as output the video to monitor and possibly support Keyboard and Mouse connected through monitor

Is something similar possible on X27, where just one sable connects to laptop and rest of peripherals like keyboard, mouse connect through the monitor?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

There have been a bunch of different X27 models over the years. I believe the first one is vintage 2018 and has no USB-C support at all. What is the full model number? It should be something like X27 xxxxxxxx or X27X xxxxxxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Visu2k
    Visu2k Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for pitching in!

I bought this monitor in late 2019 and its description reads

Acer Predator X27 bmiphzx 27" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR Quantum Dot Up to 144Hz Refresh Adobe RGB (Display Port and HDMI) | B07L9FGMZ4 ( X27-D ) HSN:8528

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, that's one of the earlier models, replaced IIRC in 2020 with the X27P bmiphzx. I don't believe it even has USB-C on it, so pretty much can't provide USB-C power delivery. It does have a 4 port USB 3.0 hub, so allows you to connect more devices to your computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chriss112
    chriss112 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options

As far as I know the Acer X27 bmiphzx 27" 4K monitor does not support power delivery or data transfer through USB Type-C. It only has DisplayPort and HDMI inputs. You would need a separate power cable for your laptop and additional cables for peripherals like keyboard and mouse if you want them connected through the monitor.