XB271HU How to open panel for OSD PCB access

Options
Lentil
Lentil Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an XB271HU. The OSD buttons are malfunctioning, and the menu is opening and toggling on it's own. I have tried a reset, and have also contacted Acer for support. They replied that the monitor is past warranty.

I suspect that it may be as simple as cleaning the contacts of the buttons internally, however I am unsure how to open the case, and am hestiant to be too forceful as I don't want to damage any of the plastic housing.

Does anyone have a step by step process for opening the case on this monitor, in order to access the internal pcb for the osd?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are actually several different XB271HU models and the disassembly process is different for some. If yours hasn't got the Tobi eye tracker you just need to remove the four screws under the stand mount on the back and a single screw on the bottom edge. If you have the eye tracker then there are two more screws at the bottom edge. Once all the screws are off you can gently pry the back plastic panel off, there are a couple of pry points to get you started:

The control board should be self evident, it just holds little micro-switches under the buttons:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are actually several different XB271HU models and the disassembly process is different for some. If yours hasn't got the Tobi eye tracker you just need to remove the four screws under the stand mount on the back and a single screw on the bottom edge. If you have the eye tracker then there are two more screws at the bottom edge. Once all the screws are off you can gently pry the back plastic panel off, there are a couple of pry points to get you started:

The control board should be self evident, it just holds little micro-switches under the buttons:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.