"Boot Mode" option disabled. Nitro N50-650

technical_issues
technical_issues Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, I am looking to enable CSM or switch to legacy mode, but it seems the option is greyed out. I attempted to set passwords, disable secure boot, disable TPM, install the OS in UEFI, to no avail. I will do anything.

I am attempting to install Windows 7 Professional SP1, with a product key and i have all drivers installed. I just need legacy mode or CSM, The BIOS is too limited to be the entire thing. Any codes to unlock anything or any ways to enable it?

Answers

• alx181
    alx181 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

1. Start your computer
    2. Hold the F2 and Delete hotkey before the computer is booted
    3. Navigate to the Boot tab using the left or right arrow key
    4. Scroll down to the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) category
    5. Set the Launch CSM option to Enabled/Disabled

• technical_issues
    technical_issues Member Posts: 4 New User

There is no CSM option, I just want to change to legacy or make a csm option visible. I went into my BIOS by holding down the Del key.

• techlol
    techlol Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello there, I forgot the password of this original post but I found out that the problem is the GPU. You see, the RTX 4060 does not have a legacy BIOS mode. Therefore the UEFI determines that legacy mode cannot be used. However, when I put in a GTX 1650 and return to the UEFI leagcy-bios exists on this GPU, so it allows me to switch to BIOS. To any users out there, please put in an older GPU with legacy-BIOS compatibility.