Nitro 5 Battery issue, it charge, stop charging, charge, but for a couple second

Options
aquatou
aquatou Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 29 in Nitro Gaming

Hi,

I got some problems with charging my Nitro 5 (3 years of gaming and fun with it). Since a couple weeks, it charge, stop charging, charge, but for a couple seconds each time. I tought it could be the connector, so I used a neddle to make it more tight. I remove pilots, and did a battery report. I move the connecter to try to get more chance to charge.

I will open it today to clean it, because I feel like there is a lot of heat inside (dust), I clean it 3x a year. I'm not sure, is it the battery (getting older and need to be brand new), is it the connector ?

I tryed to force turn off, turn on, wait an hour (charge).

I could try to empty the battery but I'm scared it will not turn off.

There is always orange and blue light, opening, closing, opening (long last blinking)

Any advices ?

Thank you I would like so much to be able to charge it again.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• alx181
    alx181 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

An outdated BIOS can sometimes cause charging problems. To update the BIOS, go to the Acer website and download the latest BIOS update for your laptop.

OR

Disconnect all connected devices and power cable from your PC (Battery also if it's removable). Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. Plug in the power cable back and try to turn on.