Where are the old drivers/software Acer Aspire One 722

swingbozo
swingbozo Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 27 in Aspire Laptops

I have a few Acer Aspire One 722's. They seem to run Win10/64 albeit they are no speed demons. I have a specific use for them so they don't have to be blinding fast. The nice thing is I can get one fully kitted out for around $70.

But there's just one small problem.

One of them has a Huawei EM820W cellular modem. Now I may or may not use it BUT I can't find 1) The Huawei drivers for them for any version of Windows nor 2) Whatever original software they were using to fire them up and get them connected.

I typically just grab them, format them with with a version of win10 and move on. I didn't realize that Acer wouldn't allow access to the original drivers and/or software these things use. Trying to register the ID on these things is impossible because there appears to be an age limit on the computers you can register on acer's "self help" website. So my questions are this:

1. How do I find the drivers for the Huawei EM820W cellular modem? Huawei's website doesn't allow access to OEM drivers for some odd reason.
  2. How do I find what I believe is the AT&T version of the cellular software that is used to get these things on a network?

I know this stuff is all specific to something like win7. Still, I should be able to download the old drivers for this hardware.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• swingbozo
    swingbozo Member Posts: 6 New User

While this question is model specific, it's really a general question. Where are the old drivers? Let's say I want to just format an old computer and bring it back to it's original state and original software. Where are the original drivers for ANY acer hardware/OS?