Predator G3-605, TPM fault (and upgrade to TPM 2.0. need support how to get TPM worked back again

Options
roynba
roynba Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 27 in Predator Desktops

Hi all,

I need support how to get my TPM worked back again. If I Go to settings it says that there can't be a TPM found. Even in Device Management I won't be able to get it. Please help! I want the Predator to WIN 11.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, most of the newer Predators have support for Windows 11. The 8th gen chipset came out toward the end of 2017, so most everything for the last 6-7 years works. Your design is four years older than that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• roynba

Tinkerer

Options

I also updated the newest BIOS, but It won't work :(.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,446 Trailblazer
    edited March 27
    Options

Your BIOS is 2014/10/28 version P11.C1: Boot to BIOS with F2 and in the Security tab check if TPM is enabled. This model is not on the Acer W11 compatible list so I don't think you will be able to run Windows11.

• billsey
    Options

Your G3-605 has a 4th generation Intel chipset, so even if it had a TPM chip it wouldn't support Windows 11. You need 8th generation or later for Windows 11.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • roynba

Tinkerer

Options

I can’t find it in the BIOS :( I believe the BIOS is too old.

• roynba

Tinkerer

Options

I believe I saw someone with the same device with Windows 11, but it could be an other generation Predator PC.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, most of the newer Predators have support for Windows 11. The 8th gen chipset came out toward the end of 2017, so most everything for the last 6-7 years works. Your design is four years older than that.

• roynba

Tinkerer

edited April 4
    Options

Are there any other options so I can still use the PC with Windows 11?

Other Motherboard ?

• billsey
    Options

Not really, Microsoft is pretty clear on what's needed for W11 support. Either continue running W10 or bite the bullet for a newer model.