Identifying parts, have just bought an Acer Aspire desktop PC but it has no instructions (TC-1780)

Options
Jamac56_2024
Jamac56_2024 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have just bought an Acer Aspire desktop PC but it has no instructions or list of 'what's in the box'.

There are a couple of bags with parts and connecting cables, but NO details of what they are, what they are used for, or where they should go.

Please, can anyone help?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The bracket and bezel are for adding an optical drive to the system, if you choose to do so at some point. There should be a couple of little screws to go along with the bracket.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Options

Go to the Acer support site and enter TC-1780 in the box, then open Documents to get the user manual. If that doesn't answer all your questions, drop back by and ask and we'll come up with something. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jamac56_2024
    Jamac56_2024 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks for your comment billsey👍️, but that was the first thing I did to try to find an answer.

Nothing is mentioned in the user manual about cables or other parts except the power cable and how to attach it and various other cables like ethernet, USB, etc.

Among the parts are what look like a drive slot cover and a metal bracket of some sort?!🤔

There is no optical drive in the tower that I can see, but there is a blanking plate on the front where one might be?!🤔

The bag of bits has a label with the number:- 14-422-980217

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

The bracket and bezel are for adding an optical drive to the system, if you choose to do so at some point. There should be a couple of little screws to go along with the bracket.