Acer Spin 314 Chromebook is not finding the inbuilt camera

Options
jafrha
jafrha Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 26 in Chromebooks

My Acer Spin 314 Chromebook is not finding the inbuilt camera. All settings are correct from what I can see and permissions are on. All up-to-date (Version 122.0.6261.137 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I actually have the exact same issue on a duplicate Chromebook for another user in the family.

Any help would be great.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• a_happy_laptop_user
    a_happy_laptop_user Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

It seems like you're encountering an issue with the inbuilt camera on your Acer Spin 314 Chromebook. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Restart the Chromebook: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches. Try restarting your Chromebook to see if the camera starts working again.
    2. Check Camera App Permissions: Ensure that the camera app has the necessary permissions to access the camera. You can do this by going to Settings > Privacy and security > Site settings > Camera. Make sure that the camera permission is allowed for all sites.
    3. Clear Browser Cache: Clearing the cache and cookies in your browser can sometimes resolve camera issues. Go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data, and then select "Cached images and files" and "Cookies and other site data."
    4. Check for Chrome OS Updates: Make sure that your Chromebook is running the latest version of Chrome OS. Go to Settings > About Chrome OS > Check for updates. If an update is available, install it and then restart your Chromebook.
    5. Check Hardware Connections: Ensure that there are no physical issues with the camera, such as loose connections or damage. If possible, gently clean the camera lens with a soft, dry cloth to remove any dust or debris.
    6. Factory Reset: If none of the above steps work, you may need to perform a factory reset on your Chromebook. Make sure to back up any important data before doing this, as it will erase all local data on the device.
    7. Contact Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be a hardware problem that requires professional assistance. Contact Acer support for further troubleshooting or to inquire about repair options.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with the inbuilt camera on your Acer Spin 314 Chromebook.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Also look in the settings for the Chrome browser, not just in the OS settings. You can enable/disable camera access on a site by site basis.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.