Acer Swift SFX14-71G-759U laptop. Sound quality issues with USB microphone

Options
pthwaites
pthwaites Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 28 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello,

I'm experiencing sound quality issues with my USB microphone when plugged into my Acer Swift X 14 laptop. The mic works perfectly on my other machines, but on the Acer it sounds distorted and muddy. I've tried disabling the Purified Voice tech and the Realtek AI noise reduction. I've installed the most recent drivers. I've been in touch with Acer support and they came up with nothing. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and can suggest a fix? I use the mic for professional podcasting so it's important!

Peter

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Which Swift X 14 model do you have? There have been several different ones over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SFX14-xxx-xxxx. Does the builtin mic work correctly?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pthwaites
    pthwaites Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for this. The model number is SFX14-71G-759U. The built-in mic works normally.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, that helps me understand what hardware you have. Does the microphone model have any drivers from the manufacturer or is it using generic Windows drivers for it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EBali
    EBali Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same problem for me with a BlueYeti microphone from Logitec

It used to work properly with my previous Travelmate