Acer Nitro 5 AN 515-58 Crashing after 1.5 Years

Options
SSJShadow
SSJShadow Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 24 in Nitro Gaming

I brought my Acer Nitro 5 in December 2022 and now in March 2024 it’s seemingly dying. It freezes, then the screen goes black and I can’t open it unless I force power off and power back on. However, sometimes it doesn’t power back on properly, the keyboard lights up but it doesn’t actually turn on, so I force it off again, wait and turn it back on.

Nothing seems to fix it. I’ve factory reset twice and it seemingly works for a day and tomorrow morning the same issues happen. At one point it said no bootable device found but an hour later started working again. I cannot figure out how to fix it. Please help me.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options

it’s an Acer Nitro AN 515-58 if that helps

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

What is your Nitro 5 model number, as try to first do a Hard Reset of your laptop, which you need to take the main battery out, disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and short its +&- pins on the mainboard plug with a metal object, take the ram out and leave the laptop like that overnight. In the morning reconnect everything and reboot the laptop, as this should reset the EC chip of your laptop as it could be frozen. If this does not fix the laptop and you are still having problems, then you need to take your Nitro laptop to either Acer Tech Support or an experienced technician that can reprogram an EC chip and change an EC and also diagnose you laptop completely, as the problems that you are having are complex and can only be diagnosed by an experienced tech. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options
  • SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options

Is there a guide video for doing this to my computer?

• StevenGen
    edited March 24
    Options

No guide just follow what I've said above, The AN515-58 is a fairly new Nitro laptop and it should not be locking/freezing up like that but try the Hard Reset first as this reset does work if its only a frozen EC or a Chipset chip(s). As these laptops always have these chips freeze and/or fail like the EC chip that governs allot of the functions of a laptop and that includes and lets hope that its not the Chipset chip as that could be terminal and you will need a new mainboard, which aint cheap for an AN515-58 laptop as it could be more than what the laptop is worth. As I've said, take your laptop to either Acer Tech Support or to an experienced technician that deals and has experience with these sorts of gaming laptops problems, as its a complex issue. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

There are many Nitro AN515-58 mainboards that Acer fits to these laptops, here is the full list pf boards and Acer part numbers, just in case you need a new board:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options

I appreciate your help but I don’t think I’ll be able to properly follow your instructions without a video, I’m not good with tech stuff.

• StevenGen
    Options

Take your laptop to Acer tech Support as it should be under 2 year warranty and get them to fix this problem on the AN515-58 laptop, as its common on these Nitro gaming laptops, I've had this on my AN515-56 which is a 2021 model Nitro and iit was fixed with a hard reset but it could be that your AN515-58 could have other issues. Good luck.

• SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options

Do all Acer Nitro 5 laptops have a 2 year warranty? I can’t find my warranty receipt so how do I check it?

• SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options

Also I apologise for the incessant questions but does it have to be an Acer repair shop or can it be a local repair shop? And will the local accept a warranty if I have one? (I’m not sure yet)

• StevenGen
    Options

If the local tech shop is a certified Acer tech support and has an Acer certificate then they will do Acer warranty work, if they are not then you need to send/take your laptop to Acer directly as it won't be covered under warranty and you will have to pay for this service out your pocket if you take the laptop to a technician that is not Acer tech certified. Good luck.

• SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options

Do you know how long the warranty would typically be?

• StevenGen
    Options

The warranty on a n Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 is 2 years from the day you registered your laptop with Acer, this covers a fault like you are having, so send your laptop to Acer Tech Support in your country asap so it can be fixed, it might need a new mainboard which is also covered under warranty and Acer will change the mainboard. Call Acer in your country and ask them how you can book a service call for your laptop. Or go to "Repair My Acer" and start a repair enquiry from that page. Good luck

• SSJShadow

Tinkerer

Options

I checked a piece of paper I found and it said Acer Nitro laptops have a 1 year warranty but it’s not a receipt of mine, just a paper that came with the box. Are you sure?

• StevenGen
    Options

Acer changed the warranty to 2 years, enquire with Acer in your country and ask them, as Acer has changed the 1 year to a 2 year warranty.