Can I put a laptop at a frequency of 3200mhz on an acer aspire 3 a315-57g now it costs 2666mhz.

Options
Tilek
Tilek Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 23 in Aspire Laptops

ORIGINAL

Оперативная память стоит 16gb 3200mhz от Samsung. Но ноутбук поставил на частоту 2666mhz

TRANSLATED

Can I put a laptop at a frequency of 3200mhz on an acer aspire 3 a315-57g now it costs 2666mhz.

[Translated using Google]

Answers

• Tilek
    Tilek Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 23
    Options

Может через bios как нибудь поставить?

TRANSLATED

Is it possible to install it through bios somehow?

[Translated using Google]

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,853 Trailblazer
    edited March 23
    Options

Translated: Can I put a laptop at a frequency of 3200mhz on an acer aspire 3 a315-57g now it reads 2666mhz. Is it possible to control that through bios somehow?

Reply: No, you can't control the RAM speed in Acer BIOS, this laptop model supports both 3200MHz and 2666Mhz modules, but RAM will downclock the speed to 2667MHz in Dual Channel Mode, even if you install the Samsung 3200MHz module. If you install a module different from the soldered RAM module it will run at Single Channel mode at lower speed. I recommend you match the soldered RAM module to get the best results (2667MHz) To find out what RAM module is soldered run this in the command prompt: wmic memorychip list full and note down the part number. Buy exactly the same RAM module with that part number.