Acer KA272 monitor Input not supported with Display Port Adapters

Options
Thor36987
Thor36987 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 23 in Monitors

I have two KA272 monitors driven by a Dell laptop using Windows 11 through a docking station. My previous docking station died and I replaced it with a Dell docking station. The new dock only includes one HDMI output and has two Display Port outputs. I purchased adapters to convert from Display Port output to HDMI and now one of the monitors works intermittently while the other displays "Input Not Supported" constantly. When the first one stops working it also displays the same message. Is there a way to get these monitors to both work with the Display Port adapters? I can plug either of them into the HDMI port on the docking station and they work fine, but can't get them to display from the other ports. Alternatively, is there an HDMI adapter that will allow me to run both monitors off the one HDMI port?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Adapters for DP to HDMI and for HDMI to DP are very different things. Verify the ones you got are for the correct direction. There's a pretty big difference in cost between them. You need DP to HDMI to go from the DP ports on the dock to HDMI on the monitor, not HDMI to DP.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.