Aspire XC-895 no display

Options
irfanshamel
irfanshamel Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello!

Recently my three year old XC-895 kept having blue screen whenever i was just browsing through the internet. The Fan also spins faster than normal, when i checked the bios, it was running at 73 degrees celcius. Now, it just boot up but has no display showing up and has a long beep sound when turned on. I initially thought it was the ram might be the issue, i changed from a 8x2 RAM to a 8x1 RAM. Still the same issue unfortunately

any thoughts what might cause this to happen? I only use this PC for school and casual gaming only. Thank you!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The loooong beep is an indication of a memory problem. With the other issues I'd first look at the condition internally. Too much dust buildup could cause issues like those.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The loooong beep is an indication of a memory problem. With the other issues I'd first look at the condition internally. Too much dust buildup could cause issues like those.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.