My Acer Predator model PH315-54-70BF is FLICKERING local tech said needs replacement

Options
emjoven70
emjoven70 Member Posts: 1 New User

Guys,

Need your expert advice My Acer Predator model PH315-54-BF is FLICKERING non stop and the local technician said it need replacement.

I checked the Windows Integrated Monitor Properties and the HARDWARE ID of the monitor is AUOAF90. When I checked it on Panel Look this is what I found https://www.panelook.com/B156HAN08.4__15.6__overview_48179.html is this the correct replacement screen that I need?

Please HELP me verify this.

Thank you!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Does moving the screen change the behavior at all? Very often that type of issue is actually the cable that runs between the motherboard and display, since that cable is flexed each time you open of close the laptop. Over time that can lead to internal cracks in the wires, which are the immediate cause of the flickering. If that's the issue you just need to replace the cable and not the display. There are three different cables for your model, depending on the frequency the display supports in your SKU:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.