Installing additional SSD in Nitro N50-600 Does it then have 2 slots which can used install SATA SSD

Options
NeedHelpPlease1
NeedHelpPlease1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 22 in Nitro Gaming

Hello!

I am looking to install an additional SSD in my partner's N50-600. I found this post (linked further down) which has a diagram over the motherboard. I have three questions:

1. Is this motherboard the same for all N50-600, independent of country it is sold in?
  2. It looks like it has 1 M.2 slot for SSD (which is already occupied by the OS drive) and 3 slots for SATA (i would assume only 1 is occupied for the included HDD). Does it then have 2 slots which can freely be used to install SATA SSD's?
  3. Are there extra power cables, sata cables and screws in the computer to acommodate additional SSD's?

I am not with the computer now, so I can't verify these questions myself, unfortunately.

Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Nitro N50-600 desktop mainboards are the same, and its quickest drives are the 2x M.2 SSD M.2 slots with have a specification of a type PCIe Gen3 x2 speed that operates at up to 2000MB/s read/write speeds, you can Install a PCIe3x4 type drive as the PCIe3x2 drives are not available these days. The boot M.2 drive that has the OS is at #18 on the mainboard diagram and the slave drive M.2 slot is at #8 you don't need any cables for these drives.

This desktop also has provisions for 3x SATA 3 drives at #7 in the diagram which you can install either 3x 3.5" type of mechanical drives or either 3x 2.5" mechanical drives or 2.5" SSD drives or mix the two types of drives together, all these drives require SATA data cables like the one listed below (but you can use any 90 degree head SATA cables from the web as they are cheaper) and these drives power SATA cables come from the power supply of the desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

The M.2 screw should be screwed into the M.2 thread of the mainboard, if its not then you need to buy the screws listed below, as those are the correct M.2 SSD drive screws for the N50-600 desktop:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Nitro N50-600 desktop mainboards are the same, and its quickest drives are the 2x M.2 SSD M.2 slots with have a specification of a type PCIe Gen3 x2 speed that operates at up to 2000MB/s read/write speeds, you can Install a PCIe3x4 type drive as the PCIe3x2 drives are not available these days. The boot M.2 drive that has the OS is at #18 on the mainboard diagram and the slave drive M.2 slot is at #8 you don't need any cables for these drives.

This desktop also has provisions for 3x SATA 3 drives at #7 in the diagram which you can install either 3x 3.5" type of mechanical drives or either 3x 2.5" mechanical drives or 2.5" SSD drives or mix the two types of drives together, all these drives require SATA data cables like the one listed below (but you can use any 90 degree head SATA cables from the web as they are cheaper) and these drives power SATA cables come from the power supply of the desktop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• NeedHelpPlease1
    Options

Thank you for the thorough reply!

One final question: It seems like an additional M.2 drive is the easiest solution. Are the mounting screws for this pre installed in the case?

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

The M.2 screw should be screwed into the M.2 thread of the mainboard, if its not then you need to buy the screws listed below, as those are the correct M.2 SSD drive screws for the N50-600 desktop:

• NeedHelpPlease1
    Options

Alright! Thank you for the great answers :D