EX215-23-R5EG Charging issue.after plugging in, it stop charging and orange charging indicator off

Options
gouthamperu
gouthamperu Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 21 in TravelMate and Extensa

purchased acer extensa laptop EX215-23-R5EG, after plugging in, it would stop charging and the orange charging indicator would go off, along with the battery icon on the screen would show NOT charging within 2 min. Anyone knows what could cause this. ITs been only 2 weeks since I purchased the laptop, totally disappointed

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• gouthamperu
    Options

I tried discharging the battery completely and then tried charging, it worked fine for 2 days. Again the issue came up. I need a permanent solution.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,788 Trailblazer
    Options

Double check to verify the charger plug is fully seated. There should be a little bit of a click feeling when it goes in at the end. Those small barrel connectors are harder to keep fully seated than the old style large ones, but they help keep the laptop design thinner. Your EX215-23 also supports charging using the USB-C port right next to the power socket, 45W to 100W at 20V will work on that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gouthamperu
    Options

Thank you very much for replying. I feel I have done the click part correctly. I do not have type C 45W charger with me. I tried the same full discharge and then charge method that worked, it works fine for now, but I'm not relieved. I need to find a permanent solution, could anything else that I can do help me solve it?

• billsey
    Options

My guess is that the issue is software related if you are certain about the plug seating fully. Something is deciding charging is done, so turning off that circuit rather than switching to a trickle charge. That might be Windows and it might be something Acer has put into the BIOS. Monitor things for a while to try and pin down if it consistently enables the charging once the battery drops in level.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gouthamperu
    Options

they sent a technician to my house, he said it could be battery issue. After 2 days he changed the battery at my house and it has been working fine since 5 days.

• billsey
    Options

That is great!

• gouthamperu
    Options

yeah and thank you very much man!🙏