Enduro M3 OpenVPN issue after firmware upgrade

Options
mmaj
mmaj Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 27 in Gadgets & Accessories

Hi

Just yesterday (20.03.2024) upgraded firmware to M3_GBL_1.30.000008 at my Enduro M3.

Before the upgrade I had the Enduro's OpenVPN profile configured, connecting to the Nord VPN. Worked as a charm changing Enduro's IP address into the NordVPN one.

After the Firmware upgrade I can still connect to the Nord VPN with the same Enduro's VPN profile as always. Thing is that my IP address does not change to the NordVPN one. It stays the same as the Mobile Carrier one.

I created the new Enduro VPN profile for Nord VPN. Same behaviour. No IP change.

Looks like Enduro does not rout the network traffic through the VPN connection after firmware upgrade any more.

Anyone has observed same behaviour? Any suggestion how to resolve it?

Answers

• lbordas
    lbordas Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

I too have a strange problem with OpenVPN and Enduro M3.

You can see my topic here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/702649/acer-connect-enduro-m3-and-openvpn-issue

I can't compare with the old firmware that I just received my device and I immediately made all the updates.

However, I think that the Enduro M3's internal OpenVPN client is broken, and I'm having a bit the same problem as you: when I'm connected to a VPN in the "hardware" way, I can't access the web (although the IPs on the VPN are accessible).

If this is a new phenomenon for you, then we'll need a firmware update to fix that.

• mmaj
    mmaj Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited March 22
    Options

@lbordas

Cannot fully confirm your issue. When I connect to the Nord VPN profile at my Enduro M3, I can still access the web pages without any problem. My issue is that my IP is not the Nord VPN one. It remains the Mobile Carrier one, which is the whole point of having VPN and not to show your real IP.

For me it looks like new Firmware made the connection to VPN possible, however the whole network traffic is not routed through the VPN tunnel. Actually it is just left as it was. Only connection to VPN is on.