My SA230 monitor (VGA+HDMI ports only) displays "Input not supported", can't get into BIOS!

Options
johnnyweebknife
johnnyweebknife Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello forum,

The problem is in the title. There seems to be an awful lot of people that have this exact problem running an AMD RX 6000 series card (I have an Asrock RX 6650 XT) with Acer monitors using HDMI and getting this error. This seems to be caused by the monitor not being able to display whatever resolution/timing the GPU is outputting… So I cannot get into the bios and change any option.

Using an adapter HDMI→VGA and using that input solves this issue, however this completely kills Freesync, and locks the refresh rate to 60Hz, and the monitor is capable of 75hz.

Is there anyone who has managed to fix this issue?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It seems to be an issue with the AMD cards no scaling to the needed resolution of the monitor. Typically the BIOS screen is going to be at 640x480, 800x600 or 1024x768 and most GPU then upscale that to what the monitor says it supports, like 1920x1080.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.