Predator PO5-640 Changing GPU to AMD 6950 XT GPU temperature is no longer visible in Predatorsense

Options
heix85
heix85 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 26 in Predator Laptops

How to get Predatorsense to show GPU temperature again with AMD GPU?

Already reinstalled Predatorsense , but no help.

Computer Acer Predator orion 5000 PO5-640

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

My guess is Predator Sense only know how to read the temperature from the GPUs they shipped with the product, and those with the same protocols. I don't believe they shipped any of the PO5-640 SKUs with an AMD card.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • heix85

Tinkerer

Options

I was previously using 3080 Suprim X in same PC, worked fine. But also had temp showing issues with 6800 XT Nitro SE. I think this issue has something to do with motherboard Firmware. In case someone has found a solution, how to fix this, please let me know!

• Emyy
    Emyy Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

To get PredatorSense to display GPU temperature again with an AMD GPU on your Acer Predator Orion 5000 PO5-640, you can try the following steps:

1. Check for Updates: Ensure that both PredatorSense and your AMD GPU drivers are up to date. Sometimes, updating software can resolve compatibility issues.
    2. Reinstall AMD GPU Drivers: Even if you've already reinstalled PredatorSense, try reinstalling the AMD GPU drivers as well. This can sometimes fix communication issues between the software and hardware.
    3. Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the PredatorSense shortcut or executable file, go to Properties, and then navigate to the Compatibility tab. Try running PredatorSense in compatibility mode for a previous version of Windows, especially if you're using a newer operating system.
    4. Run as Administrator: Sometimes, PredatorSense might require administrative privileges to access certain hardware information. Right-click on the PredatorSense shortcut and select "Run as administrator" to see if it makes a difference.
    5. Contact Acer Support: If none of the above steps work, it's possible that there's a deeper issue with the hardware or software configuration. In this case, reaching out to Acer support for further assistance would be advisable.

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to resolve the issue and get PredatorSense to display GPU temperature for your AMD GPU again

• heix85

Tinkerer

Options

I tried first 4 steps, unfortunately no luck 😔