predator helios 16 sense not working

Options
laddurollz
laddurollz Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 22 in Predator Laptops

Yesterday I did windows update and got this. I shut the laptop down and didn't install anything nor did I launch predatorsense after installing the update. Today I open the laptop and see it's not going into turbo mode. I open predatorsense and see it seems to be completely broken. What do I do now?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• laddurollz
    Options

This was the thing from acer that was installed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

What computer do you have? What OS are you running? Which version of Predator Sense is that? Click on the 'Learn more' link to see if it gives any better detail on just what the "Extension" is. I'm guessing it's a EFI update, but not positive…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • laddurollz
    Options

I have a Predator Helios Neo 16 laptop (PHN16-71) laptop with i5-13500hx, rtx 4050, 16gb ram, running Windows 11 Home 23H2. If I click "Learn More" I get this link : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/dashboard/hardware-submission-support

One thing I want to add is that I used an automatic restore point and it resolved the issue. Although when I booted the laptop the next time I saw the update had been automatically downloaded through windows update and it broke the software again. Now, I have paused windows update and also the shown checkbox. I reset the app and everything seems to be okay, however I am hesitant to turn the windows update back on.