My stylus is not working after screen replacement (SP513-54N)

Options
EvangelinaSamos
EvangelinaSamos Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everyone, I had to get my screen replaced a while back because it was flickering in and out and after that my stylus worked for a while and now it doesn't anymore. When I go to device manager and check the driver, it says the stylus is working perfectly, but clearely it isn't. I can use the touchscreen with my finder just fine, but the pen won't work (not for touching, or clicking, or drawing). Is there anything I can do to get it to work again?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Was the screen replaced by Acer or another shop? There is the possibility they used a third party display that doesn't have the digitizer. There is only the one connection between the display and the motherboard, so it can't be a disconnected cable…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EvangelinaSamos
    EvangelinaSamos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I had insurance on it at the shop where I bought it a few years back, so they sent it somewhere to be replaced (I don't know if that was acer or not). The screen says acer though

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer uses a lot of different screens, so it's very possible they put the wrong one in. I can't think of any way to verify that is the case, however. You can check in Device Manager to verify the HID Compliant Pen is listed and which drivers are there for the mice and pointing devices…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.