X27U - Firmware update v2.0 - missing settings? the "Constant Brightness" option is still missing

Options
mikobit
mikobit Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 19 in Predator Monitors

Hi everyone,
I have downloaded and "succesfully" installed the latest firmware (v2.0) from Acer's website on my new X27U. At least that's what the Acer's firmware tool tells me.
However, I don't see any changes in the OSD, and specifcically - the "Constant Brightness" option is still missing as before, and the overall brightness is still at the previous level - both of which were supposed to be fixed in this firmware.
I restarted the monitor multiple times, and even went through the firmware upgrade process again, "succesfully", with no change.
What step am I missing?
Thanks in advance!
_________
Windows 10 Pro x64, Ryzen 3950x, EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3, latest GPU drivers.
Firmware file: Acer_X27U_UserBin_V2.0.bin
Firmware upgrade tool: Monitor_USB_Upgrade_Tool_X27U.exe

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• mikobit
    mikobit Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

SOLVED: Got my hands on a laptop, and performed the installation from there. Changing computers is what did the trick, for some reason.
    (Also, disappointed in Acer's tech support response, who copy-pasted a generic response that only offered to send the monitor into a lab in a different country and "describe the problem", even though I already did, so they can "look into it", which would've taken a month at best)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Weird that changing the computer made a difference. Maybe just running at slightly different settings did something. First tier support is almost always script based, the technicians aren't allowed to deviate from the script. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.