Acer Chromeook Spin 311, refuses to charge with any of my Acer USB C charger unless fully discharged

Options
EddieLee
EddieLee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in Chromebooks

I have had many Acer laptops and Chromebooks and have been very happy with them, but I just received the Spin 311 and find it in perfect like-new condition, but for some reason it refuses to charge with any of my Acer USB C chargers unless I let the battery is nearly totally discharged. The red light flashes very slowly, but there is no little charging indicator on the battery icon. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Which Spin model do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like CP311-xxx-xxxx. That model series has been around for a few years now, and each year there's at least one new version. I believe most of them support charging via the USB-C port, but very likely not all. Your description makes me think it's got a battery issue, but the slow amber blink is usually just a low battery indicator with no power connected.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.