Need BIOS/Firmware image for ACER VERITON M200-A58

Options
nakshk
nakshk Member Posts: 2 New User

I couldn't find anything about the mentioned model in the support section. Please help! My PC is not booting up after I clicked on "Upgrade BIOS" option in the BIOS menu. Please help me obtain the Bios/Firmware image for Acer M200-A58.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The M200-A58 is vintage 2010 and Acer does tend to purge support files for really old machines like that. You will likely have to try and find a third party site that has archived them. But, likely your BIOS isn't the issue, since you can't boot into the BIOS you won't be able to reinstall it without using a chip programmer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nakshk
    nakshk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for responding. It was bought in 2015-16 and has an FM2+ socket and a AMD A8 6500 CPU.

It was working just fine before I did something in the BIOS, and it never gave a display output after reboot. I have tried everything on the hardware side, such as CMOS reset, RAM slot and contact point cleaning, processor reseat, etc., but nothing worked.

I had a programmer with me, so I was thinking of reprogramming the BIOS as a last resort, but unlike other manufacturers, Acer doesn't want me to fix it. I'm looking for that BIOS everywhere but haven't found anything yet. Wish somebody here could redirect me to the correct place.