Razer Kraken headset mic not working - Predator Helios 300

Options
vendelize
vendelize Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in Predator Laptops

When using my Razer Kraken headset, the microphone on the headset doesn't work, it just uses the built in laptop microphone?

When I plug it in, I get no option to choose between headset/headphones etc, but it does start playing sounds through the headphones fine.

It's using the headphone jack and I have tried updating drivers, enabling it in the control centre and pretty much everything I have found on other forums but nothing works - it also doesn't show up on Razer Synapse when plugged in so it's almost as if it just doesn't recognise the headset is plugged in (even though the audio comes through).

The mic works totally fine on other pcs and when using it on ps5 so I know it's not an issue with the headset and it's an issue with the laptop.

Please can someone help?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

When you plugged it in the first time, the drivers asked you what it was. At that point you likely answered headphones not headset, so it disabled the mic. Once that's been chosen it stops asking for that device. Just remove the device, reboot and plug it back in, or if the Realtek console lets you, change the device type.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.