Acer swift go 14 When it's unplugged I have lags in windows and during simple activities like browsi

Options
Stan02
Stan02 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 17 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello everyone,

A time ago (about month and a half) I bought Acer swift go 14 OLED and I have one issue with that laptop. The thing is that laptop works very well, but only when is plugged into charging. When it's unplugged I have lags in windows and during simple activities like browsing. Sometimes when I stop a video on youtube my screen is moving up and down realy fast. I choosed this laptop for using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and it is almost imposible to use them, when machine is unplugged. I tried to change charging plan, but it didn't work. Is there any other solution to fix that?

Regards :)

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,879 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would bring the laptop back to the retailer or Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory default. You may have downloaded a rogue driver, 3rd-party programs often come with bloatware apps that can cause issues. The system will be slower (throttles) when the charger is unplugged but the other issues should not happen. Try to reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS and save the settings, update Windows11 to 23H2 build 22631.3296. You can reset the system without losing your data, type Reset in the Search bar and select the option "without losing my files".

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,879 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would bring the laptop back to the retailer or Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory default. You may have downloaded a rogue driver, 3rd-party programs often come with bloatware apps that can cause issues. The system will be slower (throttles) when the charger is unplugged but the other issues should not happen. Try to reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS and save the settings, update Windows11 to 23H2 build 22631.3296. You can reset the system without losing your data, type Reset in the Search bar and select the option "without losing my files".