Do All The Acer ConceptD Laptops have DisplayHDR1000 ? Which ConceptD is Best For Video Editing?

Options

Do All The Acer ConceptD Laptops have DisplayHDR1000 ? Which ConceptD is Best For Video Editing? Which Acer Laptop Is The Best For Video Editing?

It looks like the ConceptD 5 has better specs than ConceptD 7, Why?

https://www.acer.com/us-en/conceptd/laptops/conceptd-5

https://www.acer.com/us-en/conceptd/laptops/conceptd-7

What Acer Laptop has DisplayHDR1000 and works well with premiere pro

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

I don't think they are updating each of the model lines each year, due to the lower sales volume on these higher end designs. That's why the ConceptD 7 is lagged in comparison to the ConceptD 5. I expect they'll update the 7 line next year, likely with 14th gen, though they may do it or a 13th gen version later this year. We can only guess… As to HDR 1000, that's usually more associated with monitors than with laptop displays. I would be surprised if any of the current ConceptD models support it on their display, but they might for external displays.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GabriellaLaPlace
    GabriellaLaPlace Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks. I looked into it some more. It does seem that the Montior is a concept d , with DisplayHDR1000.

I wonder why Adobe Premiere Pro 2024 recommended requirements ask for DisplayHDR 1000 then, if nearly all of the laptops don't have it?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Adobe assumes their customers will all be working on a desktop environment, since desktops have a lot fewer limitations to the display. Likely they are right in regards to the bulk of their users, but obviously they are missing out on a decent and growing percentage.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GabriellaLaPlace
    GabriellaLaPlace Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

okay, thanks.