Aspire A515-5 HD Compliant Touchpad Driver Missing

Options
redhrt
redhrt Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 14 in Acer Software

Hi, I have an Aspire A515-56 with Windows 11.

For a while, my touchpad has been acting weird and then all of a sudden, it stopped working. Most posts say to reinstall driver but I could not find it, it was gone. Mysteriously, it came back a week later. To be on the safe side, I disabled the touchpad driver and rebooted and it came back like post responses said. It worked fine for a week but is gone again now.

How do I get my touchpad working again?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,621 Trailblazer
    Options

You can't install the 12C HID (touchpad driver) manually, uninstall any Touchpad driver you see in Device Manager and Windows will install MS Precision drivers when you boot again if Windows is fully updated: W11 23H2 build: 22631.3296. Also Boot to BIOS with F2 and check that the Touchpad settings shows 12C HID and not PS/2, save BIOS settings and boot to Windows.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,792 Trailblazer
    Options

There were two different touchpads used in the A515-56 models, a Synaptics and a Elantech. Both have Windows 10 drivers on the Acer support site. As suggested above, if you are running Windows 11 the correct driver should be installed, likely as an optional update, in Windows update. If it doesn't do that, just install the appropriate Windows 10 driver, then let Windows update take it from there. Remember also that there is a keypress that disables the touchpad, so make sure you haven't been hitting that by accident.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.