AN-517-52 battery issue and refuses to power on

Options
Quxail
Quxail Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 14 in Nitro Gaming

I have a AN-517-52 laptop and yesterday evening I started experiencing battery issue warnings via the blinking orange light. My real issue here is that now the orange light has been replaced by the standard blue light as if everything is normal except the keyboard does not light up and the blue light disappears a few seconds after pressing the power key. I have done multiple power cycles and still I cannot get it to power on a single time. What concerns me more is that after disconnecting the battery, the laptop still won't power on when being fed only by the AC power cable. Could I have more issues elsewhere other than the battery? Or is the AC cable simply not able to run the laptop without the battery in place?

Please note I've already purchased a replacement battery and it arrives soon as I post this, I only wish to receive answers on whether or not I could have other problems that have stemmed from the aging battery.

If needed, the laptop is as it was from the store other than 2x 8GB RAM upgrades that were recently installed. No other specs were changed other than that. I've had no history of overheating and no noticable or significant internal damage has occurred other than wear and tear on the outside cover and the internal protectors that prevent loose cover screws from rolling into the internals.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,998 Trailblazer
    edited March 14
    Options

The problem that you are having is either in the main power rail or in the charging rail of your laptop. there is nothing wrong with your battery as a 3.5 year old battery should not need replacing, it could be that your battery safety solder heated fuse is burned out due to the charging rail problem.

Take your laptop to Acer Tech support or an experience technician that can diagnose this problem and fix it. Also, is your laptop charging at all, as what could also have happened is that the chipset chip has burned out, which regulates the NVidia gpu and Intel gpu functions and loot of other functions of your laptop, which is very common on these Predator laptops as the chipset chip is NOT cooled by the thermal module (see caption below of the AN517-52 laptop) and overheats allot and burns out. So, if that has happened you need to know a technician that is prepared to go to the trouble of getting your laptops chipset chip and changing this chipset chip, as its a gamble buying these chipset chips online second hand (as they are not available new) especially from China where allot are sold from. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Below is the AN517-52 laptops mainboard and circled is the Chipset Chip, and as you can see that its not only not cooled by the thermal module but its underneath the M.2 SSD drive which heats this chip up even more, which is the main cause of these chips failing and/or burning out in the Predator laptops. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍