aspire 3 a315 fan had stopped working,it turns on for a couple secs then turns off for 5secs

Options
kurokimt
kurokimt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 13 in Aspire Laptops

i have acer aspire 3 a315 . i had recently noticed that my fan had stopped working (not entirely). it turns on for a couple secs then turns off for 5secs , this keeps repeating . i cleaned the fan and the vents making sure there was no dust accumulation , reattached everything and the fan started working normally but then i left my laptop idle for some time and the fan stopped working again and my laptop was heating (reaches about 86-92 C) . and then the turning off and on cycle continued . i saw people say that the fan starts working only after reaching a certain temp but that doesnt seem to be the case here. any help?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• satantik
    satantik Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I also own this model of machine , I don;t have these issues it stays at 60C at idle and 80-85 at full load , 1 st try updating the bios to the latest version , if this doesn't work you may have a bad fan connector or a bad fan eighter of these will need a replacement . hope this helps

• kurokimt
    kurokimt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

appreciate the response . i will look into that matter