Acer Extensa 15 Not Charging EX215-55-53T6

Options
Hiruka_R_
Hiruka_R_ Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 13 in TravelMate and Extensa

My EX215 Does not charge...

I have watched a lot of videos related to this and read many forums similar to this. But any of them did not work. I tried resetting , and etc. But non of them worked.

Even After resetting, the power LED ; the yellow light is blinking nonstop when plugged in and there's about 200ms delay...

It is completely drained rn and doesn't even go to BIOS . (This is a brand new one, only got 5 days to use...)

Someone help me.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Which Extensa model do you have? There have been many different ones over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like EX215-xxx-xxxx. Typically a flashing amber battery LED means the battery is reporting a failure…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

On the Extensa 215-55 the amber flash is also a low battery warning, not just a failed battery error. So the battery is likely still good, and at only two years old that's the be expected. Do you have a way to test the charger? You can also inspect the charging port, sometimes the center electrode get damaged and ends up either broken off or curled up in the bottom of the socket. Either of those will not allow it to charge. If you have a multimeter you can test the charger voltage, you should see 19V@2.37A (45W) from the stock charger. You don't have a USB-C port, so can't charge via that… I believe the DC-In jack is soldered to the motherboard on yours, so if it's the issue it will take a decent technician to repair.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

Which Extensa model do you have? There have been many different ones over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like EX215-xxx-xxxx. Typically a flashing amber battery LED means the battery is reporting a failure…

• Hiruka_R_
    Options

Model is EX215-55-53T6 .

It is a new one so couldn't be a battery health problem I guess...

But I can hear a ticking noise near the DC jack ... so I would have to send it to repair?

Thank you for the reply btw

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

On the Extensa 215-55 the amber flash is also a low battery warning, not just a failed battery error. So the battery is likely still good, and at only two years old that's the be expected. Do you have a way to test the charger? You can also inspect the charging port, sometimes the center electrode get damaged and ends up either broken off or curled up in the bottom of the socket. Either of those will not allow it to charge. If you have a multimeter you can test the charger voltage, you should see 19V@2.37A (45W) from the stock charger. You don't have a USB-C port, so can't charge via that… I believe the DC-In jack is soldered to the motherboard on yours, so if it's the issue it will take a decent technician to repair.

• Hiruka_R_
    Options

Thank you for your kind reply.

I Have a new charger coming and the old one looks like not a Quality Acer product...

The port seems fine, so waiting for the new charger to arrive.

Thank you again for your help.

• billsey
    Options

Be sure and let us know if the new charger fixes the issue.

• Hiruka_R_
    Options

Good News!

The new charger is working.

Thank you so much for the support from you throughout this problem.

It is going like 105 ⁰F here in Sri Lanka, so it might have damaged the charger.

Thank you again for our kind support .

• billsey
    Options

Good news for sure. :)