ConnectM3 Enduro 5G - Failed Firmware update how I can fix this?

Options
Nethwin
Nethwin Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 28 in Gadgets & Accessories

Tried to update my device today, rather than boot into the updated firmware I got a menu saying Fastboot Mode.

If I turn the device off I then get a message saying my device is corrupted and cant be trusted.

Any idea how I can fix this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,680 Trailblazer
    Options

Bring the router to Acer Services in your country to reset to factory defaults. There are no drivers/firmware on Acer Support for the ConnectM3 device.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited March 10
    Options

You have corrupted the firmware of your ConnectM3 mobile Wi-Fi hotspot device, take your device to Acer in your country as you can't fix a corrupted firmware yourself. Acer Tech Support have more of an idea and the tools to fix your device than what you will get here of how to fix your problem. Here is the Manual for the ConnectM3 so look at that. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Nethwin
    Options

I did not corrupt the device, and the insinuation that any action I took caused this issue is not helpful.

• Nethwin
    Options

So I have been attempting to arrange a repair with Acer for more than a week now.

To say the experience has been less than desirable would be an understatement. I have been emailed everyday with requests for information that was provided with the initial request. Such as my address, Proof of purchase etc.

I am now told that they are unable to find the address in their post code look up. Well its definitely an address and definitely in the post code register. The item was able to be delivered here just fine.

When I call the number I can go no further than the first prompt, for a Serial number - which I do not have as it not on the bar code for this device, just the SNID and model number) or a repair id, which does not match the format given in the emails.

So I am completely at the mercy of ACER's support staff, who seem unable to use a post code register and seem to be attempting to drag on my repair process as long as possible by taking at least 24 to respond to my correspondence, and do so with incredibly unhelpful statements or requests for information they already have.

For example, here is a copy of the latest email I received:

Thank you for contacting Acer support,

Kindly note we are not picking up your address from the postcode finder.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this e-mail or contact us at 0371 760 1000.

I am not sure why I should be obligated to kindly note anything, especially incompetent service. I am not sure what ACER excepts me to do about it either, especially since I wont get a reply for another day and it is likely to be similar inane nonsense and I cant talk to anyone because the phone number is gate keeping me.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options

That phone number makes me believe you are in Ireland? I don't have visibility into any Acer support environment, and especially not for international locales, so it's tough to try to help. I'll ask the moderators if they can help at all, but they are also US based in general, I believe, so may not be able to do much either. :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nethwin
    Options

Things have gone from bad to worse.

They agreed my device should be returned, and told me they would arrange a collection.

That was last Monday. Despite daily requests there has been no movement, just statements that it will be escalated or prioritised. However that never seems to happen.

I will be filling a small claim tomorrow.